@AsterieBot is a divination-focused bot, specialising in providing in-depth meanings and explanation behind the cards (tarot, oracle, and lenormand), runes, and other divinatory systems it's capable of.
Asterie is particularly accessible to use - she doesn’t just pull, say, a tarot card - rather, it will pull a Tarot card and provide keywords, the card image (including possible reversals), and an in-depth description - enough to give you a healthy understanding. Users who don't need in-depthness can also request simpler, keyword-only pulls.
The bot has a wide variety of decks and multiple rune sets, as well as an 8-Ball command, hieroglyphic divination, daily horoscopes, astrology & tarot memes, & other misc commands.
I will always strive to add more decks (tarot, oracle, lenormand, etc), if possible more runic systems, and other divinatory systems (e.g hieroglyphic divination, ancient greek letter divination, i-ching, etc). This is a time consuming task but the bot is a long-term project that will be continually added to.
- Invite the bot with this link
- By default, the bot supports both message and slash commands. Type
?helpto view the full command list, or simply type
/to view the list of slash commands.
- Decks can be banned from your server with
/tarot ban. Mods can also force tarot pulls to be simpler, keyword-only pulls in channels where fully detailed embeds might be disruptive (see
/tarot detail_setting). The same applies to the rune commands.
Some example card pulls https://imgur.com/a/vtNIpmo using the 'random' feature (
?tarot random), though you can call a specific deck directly as well. The list of decks is continually expanded, and there is also an assortment of rune sets to use as well!
If you don't need the in-depthness, there's also a simplified output option with just the image + keywords (e.g
?tarot albano -noembed, in the pic I've set 'noembed' as my default setting already).
- In-depth Tarot, lenormand, and oracle card divination
- In-depth runic divination, with multiple rune sets
- A growing list of decks to choose from
- Deck customizability: curate your own favourites list, ban decks from appearing (either for yourself or for your server)
- Ability to search for individual cards along with their full detailed descriptions (useful for study groups, or if you need a reminder, or during specific-card discussions!)
- Astrology & tarot memes
- In-depth horoscope feature
- Standard 8-ball & a more fun version
- Unique divination systems (greek letter, hiroglyphic)
- Misc fun commands such as random quotes, jokes, compliment other users, yes/no coinflips, a choose command, etc
- Customizable bot prefix. Users can also customize the level of detail they receive on tarot/rune readings and horoscopes. Mods can also turn off the full-embed details completely in certain channels
- Maintained support server so you can get help if you need it
(note: slash commands are also supported. You can use slash commands by typing
/, instead of
?, and a list of them should pop up explaining what they do and how to use them)
|Command Name (
||What it does|
||Simple command that outputs an answer from a Magic-8 Ball. There's also a more 'fun' sub-command ;)|
||Search for a specific card!|
||Asterie will pick one of your specified options for you|
||Compliment your fellow discorders!|
||A unique divination system based on greek letters.|
||A unique divination system based on Egyptian hieroglyphics|
||Asterie's capable of giving out simple jokes :)|
||This command is used for runic divination. You can either choose a rune set directly, or use
||This command is used for cartomancy with Tarot, lenormand, or oracle decks. It gives you various options on how many cards you wish to pull, what deck you wish to pull, or what type of random deck you want.|